Riverside Embezzlement Lawyer
Aggressive Defense Against Embezzlement Charges in California
Embezzlement is a crime with significant consequences. If you find yourself or a loved one facing embezzlement charges in Riverside, California, you need a solid legal defense team. At DeLimon Law, we have a proven track record of defending clients against embezzlement charges, ensuring their rights are protected throughout the legal process.
Call DeLimon Law today at (951) 382-5559 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our embezzlement attorney in Riverside!
What is Embezzlement?
Embezzlement is a white-collar crime that involves the misappropriation or theft of funds or property entrusted to an individual's care, typically within an employment or fiduciary relationship. This crime is characterized by a breach of trust, where the offender abuses their authority or responsibility to divert assets for personal gain. In Riverside, embezzlement can occur in various settings, such as businesses, nonprofit organizations, government entities, and more.
Common examples of embezzlement include:
- Employee theft: Employees who siphon off company funds, manipulate financial records, or misappropriate company property.
- Fiduciary embezzlement: Individuals in positions of trust, such as trustees, guardians, or power of attorney holders, misuse their assets.
- Public embezzlement: Public officials who divert public funds or resources for personal use.
It's important to note that embezzlement cases can range from small-scale to large-scale, with potential consequences varying accordingly.
What are the Penalties for Embezzlement in California?
Embezzlement in California is covered under Penal Code Section 503, and penalties for this crime can be severe, depending on the value of the embezzled property or funds. The potential consequences include fines, restitution, probation, and imprisonment. The value of the assets mainly embezzled determines the severity of these penalties:
- Petty Theft Embezzlement (Less than $950): Embezzlement of property or funds valued at less than $950 is typically charged as petty theft, a misdemeanor offense. Penalties may include fines, restitution, and up to one year in county jail.
- Grand Theft Embezzlement (Over $950): Embezzlement of property or funds valued at $950 or more is generally classified as grand theft, which can be prosecuted as a misdemeanor or felony. A misdemeanor conviction may result in up to one year in county jail, while a felony conviction could lead to imprisonment in state prison for up to three years.
- Aggravated Embezzlement: In cases involving substantial sums or a pattern of embezzlement, individuals can face enhanced penalties, including more extended prison sentences and higher fines.
- Restitution: Regardless of the value of the embezzled assets, courts may order restitution to the victim to compensate for their losses.
It is crucial to remember that embezzlement convictions can have long-lasting consequences, affecting one's personal and professional life, including employment opportunities and reputation.
Defenses Against Embezzlement Charges
At DeLimon Law, our skilled legal team will assess the unique circumstances of your embezzlement case and develop a strategic defense tailored to your situation. Some common defenses against embezzlement charges may include:
- Lack of Intent: Proving that you did not intend to embezzle is critical in any embezzlement case.
- Mistaken Identity: Demonstrating that you were wrongly identified as the perpetrator and that insufficient evidence supports the charges.
- Duress: Showing that you were coerced or threatened into committing the embezzlement.
- Consent: Establish that the alleged victim willingly permitted you to use the property or funds.
- Insufficient Evidence: Challenging the prosecution's case by highlighting gaps or inconsistencies in the evidence.
Contact Our Riverside Embezzlement Attorney Today
Embezzlement charges in California can devastate your life, personally and professionally. If you or a loved one is facing embezzlement allegations, it is crucial to seek experienced representation to protect your rights and build a strong defense.
At DeLimon Law, our team is dedicated to defending our clients against embezzlement charges and safeguarding their legal rights. With our knowledge and expertise, we will work to achieve the best outcome for your case. Don't let embezzlement charges jeopardize your future.
Contact DeLimon Law today to schedule a consultation with our embezzlement lawyer in Riverside!
4-Time Attorney of the Year
Death Penalty Qualified
Widely Respected By Legal Community
High-Profile Case and Media Experience
17 Years Proven Trial Experience
Attempted Murder Charges Dismissed
Client facing life in prison on attempt murder charges had attempted murder charges dismissed and he was later released. ...
Forcible Rape Charges Dismissed
Client facing “forcible rape charge” in juvenile court trial had his charges dropped mid-trial. This outcome was ...
Client Facing Life Sentence Found Not Guilty of All Charges
Client facing life in prison for “Three Strikes” serious assault case was found not guilty of all charges and was freed ...