Riverside Burglary Lawyer
Defending Clients Accused of Burglary in CA
DeLimon Law is your trusted advocate when it comes to matters of burglary in Riverside, California. We understand that facing burglary charges can be a daunting and stressful experience. As experienced criminal defense attorneys, we are committed to guiding you through the legal process, protecting your rights, and securing the best possible outcome for your case.
Our legal experts are well-versed in California's complex burglary laws. We bring an extensive track record of successfully defending our clients against these charges, and we are dedicated to providing you with the strategic, professional legal representation you need during this challenging time.
Call DeLimon Law today at (951) 382-5559 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our burglary attorney in Riverside!
What is Burglary?
Burglary is a criminal offense in California that involves entering a building or structure with the intent to commit theft or a felony once inside. The critical elements of burglary are:
- Entry: The unlawful entry into a building or structure, including breaking, trespassing, or using force to gain access.
- Intent: The individual must intend to commit a theft or a felony once inside the premises. This intent is a critical component of burglary charges.
It's important to note that burglary does not require the successful completion of a theft or felony; the act of entering with the intent to commit such a crime is sufficient for prosecution.
What are the Penalties for Burglary in California?
Burglary is a wobbler offense in California, which means it can be charged as either a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the circumstances of the case. The penalties for burglary in Riverside and the rest of California are as follows:
- Misdemeanor Burglary: If charged as a misdemeanor, the penalties may include up to one year in county jail, fines, probation, and restitution to the victim. The specific penalties will depend on the unique circumstances of your case.
- Felony Burglary: When charged as a felony, the penalties can be much more severe. This may include imprisonment in state prison for up to three years, fines, probation, restitution, and a mark on your criminal record. Additionally, certain factors can lead to enhanced penalties, such as burglary of an inhabited dwelling or possession of burglary tools.
Our Riverside burglary lawyers have extensive experience defending clients against misdemeanor and felony burglary charges. We will carefully review the details of your case to determine the best strategy for your defense, working diligently to minimize or even dismiss the charges whenever possible.
Defenses Against Burglary Charges
At DeLimon Law, we understand the nuances of burglary laws in California and are committed to developing a robust defense strategy tailored to your specific case. Common defenses against burglary charges include:
- Lack of Intent: If we can establish that you did not have the intent to commit theft or a felony when you entered the premises, we may be able to argue that the essential element of burglary is not present.
- Consent: If you had permission to enter the building or structure, it may be a valid defense against burglary charges. This can occur in situations where you were mistakenly identified as an intruder or if you had explicit permission to be on the premises.
- Duress or Necessity: In some cases, you may have entered a building under duress or out of necessity. If we can demonstrate that you had no choice but to enter the premises to protect your well-being or the safety of others, it can be a valid defense.
- Illegal Search and Seizure: If law enforcement violated your Fourth Amendment rights during the search or arrest, we can seek to have any evidence obtained unlawfully excluded from your case.
- Alibi: Proving that you were not present at the scene of the alleged burglary can be a powerful defense. We will work to gather evidence and witnesses to support your alibi.
Contact Our Riverside Burglary Attorney Today
When you're facing burglary charges in Riverside, California, having a skilled and experienced legal team on your side is essential. DeLimon Law provides unwavering support and strategic defense throughout your legal journey. We understand the complexities of burglary laws and the potential consequences you may be facing.
If you or a loved one needs a Riverside burglary lawyer, don't hesitate to contact us. We will review the specifics of your case, develop a tailored defense strategy, and vigorously advocate for your rights in and out of the courtroom. Your future and reputation are paramount, and we are dedicated to securing the best possible outcome for your case.
Contact DeLimon Law today to schedule a consultation with our burglary lawyer in Riverside!
4-Time Attorney of the Year
Death Penalty Qualified
Widely Respected By Legal Community
High-Profile Case and Media Experience
17 Years Proven Trial Experience
Attempted Murder Charges Dismissed
Client facing life in prison on attempt murder charges had attempted murder charges dismissed and he was later released. ...
Forcible Rape Charges Dismissed
Client facing “forcible rape charge” in juvenile court trial had his charges dropped mid-trial. This outcome was ...
Client Facing Life Sentence Found Not Guilty of All Charges
Client facing life in prison for “Three Strikes” serious assault case was found not guilty of all charges and was freed ...